Scavenger Bag Description
Scavenger bag is a small and light weight day bag, with it's minimalistic approach to the standard day bag concept. This bag is well suited to travelling and carrying the basics.
Bag internal capacity approximately 8 Litres.
As a sizing reference, in the Scavenger will easily hold an Apple iPad in an armoured case along with a cold weather jacket.
- Main zip opens wide with a rear hydration 2L bladder sleeve.
- Bellowing single central zip clam style front pouch opens vertically for access to smaller items.
- Tri-zip sliders, two on the main compartment and a single on the front pouch meet at the top centre where they velcro together to ensure security and closure.
- Twin elastic shock cord lashing on front.
- Two small, low cut external mesh pouches for commercially available 500ml type water bottles.
- Air mesh back panel for comfort in warmer climates along with plastic sheet for rigidity and foam blocks for added comfort.
- Adjustable shoulder straps.
- 1000 Denier Cordura construction.
- Carry handle.
Fantastic bagBy: Jon on 25 May 2023This is a very well made lightweight, slim, and fun to carry bag that’s been updated quite a bit from the original design. It looks very small, and it is, but you can fit a decent amount of gear inside, making it an excellent assault pack/quick day trip/commute with all your essentials. It’s made of 100D mil-spec Cordura, which is great for hard-use bags, and for a bag of this size, the extra weight over 500D is not noticeable. You have box stitching reinforcing in all the important spots, quality webbing, edge binding on all edges, excellent breathable 3-D Air Mesh backing, and everything looks to be of very high quality. A flexible plastic sheet inside gives rigidity. The 3 zippers connecting at the top for extra security is a neat feature. The straps have horizontal webbing to retain any bladder hoses or cables. You do have provisions for a sternum strap, but it’s not included. I guess you could make your own, but that’s something I would like to see included. On the sides you get mesh pouches that do indeed fit the classic 500 ml water bottles. On the back there are 2 parallel lines of shock cord lashing, which isn’t as useful as criss crossed shock cord, which was simple to rig up, and now it works great for retaining an extra layer, and I can still get to the center vertical zipper without difficulty. The dimensions are: 16” high, 9” wide, 5.5” deep at the middle, which gives a capacity of 13 L, but it’s probably less than that (probably 11 or so). It does get filled up quickly, if you need a bag to carry around a change of clothes, rations, mission specific equipment, then this is not the bag for you. In this bag I am able to fit 2x 500ml water bottles in the pockets, an IFAK, spare socks, paracord, basic signaling, a lighter, water purification tabs, and some snacks. There’s leftover room for an M4 magazine or two, or maybe a small radio and batteries. All in all, a very compact backpack at a great price, that you will be happy to take with you and will serve you well! Great job SORD.